Saturday, August 18, 2012

Revisit Rockefeller Center - July 30, 2012


My friend Mimi gave me a package to deliver to her ex-husband, who lives in Switzerland. On the other hand, it was obvious from her conversation that she preferred that I mail it from New York.

Last week I purchased New York t-shirts for my granddaughters and a New York Fire Department cap for my grandson. I want to mail them. So, on my agenda today is finding a nearby post office and sending parcels.

However, I can't find the bag with the t-shirts and cap. I haven't a clue where I left them. And so it is, I must find somewhere to again purchase the lost merchandise. Since it would be impossible to remember the store I bought them from, I decide my best bet, considering my limited knowledge of the city, is to return to Rockefeller Center.

I hop on the bus, come back with my purchases, and find my way to the post office. I'm surprised at how little it costs to send these packages first class. 

No comments: