Saturday, July 02, 2011

Oh My - What a Gloomy Day!

The weather has been real miserable lately. Whenever its overcast for very long depression sets in. Whenever I’m a little depressed I think of Eyore, the donkey of Winnie the Poo fame, and I smile.


Here are a few of the things Eeyore has said:


“One can’t complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday.”


“A little consideration, a little thought for others makes all the difference, or so they say.”


”Owl flew past a day or two ago and noticed me. He didn’t actually say anything mind you, but he knew it was me. Very friendly of him, I thought. Encouraging.”


Who hasn’t been their own worst enemy from time to time. Do you see a bit of yourself in Eeyore? I do..


A A Milne’s Winnie the Pooh is listed on Radcliffe’s 100 best novels of the Twentieth Century. A great read for all ages.


No comments: