Saturday, August 30, 2008

Leaving Canada's West Coast - Victoria and Vancouver



















  I took four children to Victoria for the day.  I was there to pick-up the English to Spanish translation of my B.A. and CTESL certification.

We went to the insect zoo, wax museum, took a carriage ride, and explored the legislative buildings. Then we had dinner with my cousins.  I could find my way around Victoria.

Vancouver was very different. Tony Bennett may have left his heart in San Francisco.  I, on the other hand, almost left a rental car in Vancouver.

Vancouver is  full of traffic, both pedestrian and vehicle.  It's full of hustle and bustle.  It's building  boom reminds me of China's building boom.  I couldn't keep up.  I forgot where I parked the car.  It's not the Vancouver of my youth.

 Stanley Park was pleasant, Science World and the Pacific National Exhibition were not.

I took one child with me to Vancouver.  I was there to have my translated to Spanish B.A. and CTESL legalized by the Mexican Consulate.  My mission was accomplish.

Here are some photos of Vancouver.

No comments: