Saturday, August 09, 2008

New Castle Park and Stairs


I'm adjusting to a new way of life.

No need to spend money on a gym membership.  Neighborhood walks to the beach are exercise enough.  

I didn't count the number of stairs on this public access walkway.  Suffice it to say, they are countless.










Until this morning, the week has been very hot  Although the trip over to Newcastle Island was a short jaunt, the coolness of the sea breeze was a welcome diversion.
Nanaimo can be seen in the background.

Because I had to be at work by 6 p,m. my stay on the island was quite short. I will return on another day.

I'm getting use to taking the bus or walking.  The secret to waiting is to always carry a book.

The secret to long walks is to walk at a comfortable pace.

Generally, I'm the only caucasian in the house.  Living with a group of Korean people is a delight.  My host, Erin, brought a wide smile to my face the other day when she said, "Always o-kay," meaning whatever I wanted to do, I had her permission.

Korean people know the meaning of, and practice, respect.

No comments: