Sunday, June 15, 2008

Busy. . busy . ..busy

It was interesting watching the men move the garden house. Using a dolly, they lifted it off the ground, kept if off the ground with 2 x 4s, placed it on a ramp, attached a pulley, and moved it slowly onto the flat bed. To me, it looked like they knew what they were doing. As it turned out they have never moved a building before.

I didn't think about taking pictures until it was too late. There's a mess, where once a pretty little garden house stood.

Whitney, who was buying my leather chair and ottoman, for sure, was pleasantly surprised by her fiancé, who bought her a brand new leather chair and ottoman.

Trying to sell everything I own, one item at a time, is taking a lot of time. Eventually I'm going to have a moving sale, maybe for three days or so. What doesn't get sold at that point can be hauled away.

I took my pictures off the wall and am half way through wrapping them in bubble wrap.
Shredded most of my personal papers.

Have almost finished washing and ironing every single piece of clothing I have left, while figuring out what to keep and what not to keep.

One final task was completed yesterday, I wrote a letter to the Authentication and Service of Documents Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs, enclosing my degree and certifications. Now I need to send them off via FedEx.

No comments: