Friday, May 30, 2008

Selling house Privately - Counting Down to Open House Day

A little behind, missed an entry yesterday.

Wednesday I stained the deck and managed to get some of the backyard cleaned up.

Yesterday I finished painting the basement floor. There are a couple of issues in the basement, the used sump pump Gil installed leaks and doesn't work properly. Fortunately, I've convinced him to buy a new sump pump and install it. I can't smell, but he says there is the smell of cat urine in the basement. I’ve got two deodorizing products at work in the basement, but I’m chasing something I can’t smell, so I have no idea whether I’m getting rid of the smell or not.

My hands are raw from all the work I’ve been doing, and my muscles ache. What keeps me going is the vision of no house, no work, and no responsibilities in the not too distant future.
I’ve got tonight and tomorrow morning to finish up what I can. Then it’s wait and see who arrives and who makes an offer that I can accept.

The house should sell quickly.

No comments: