Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year - Ugly Sweater Party

I'm wiped. Got home at 2:30 a.m. last night, I'm never out that late. I think I may have drunk a whole bottle of wine. Perhaps not, there may have been other people pouring out of my bottle. It didn't feel like I had that much to drink.

Flo and Dave had an ugly sweater party, an ugly lava lamp was the prize. Gil won hands down. All I did is wear my ratty old green sweater that's frayed around the edges. Gil purchased a totally decrepit cardigan sweater buttoned it incorrectly, adorned it with an iron mark, cut a hole in it and poked a teddy bear with a crazed tooth grin through the hole. He's very creative.

Second prize went to Dave's sister Rhonda and her partner John. They purchased their sweaters from Winners, which means they paid a pretty penny for their ugly sweaters.

Flo's family is rambunctious, and disobedient. None of them wore sweaters.

This is my last New Year's with Flo, Dave, Gil and the rest of this New Years Eve crowd, for the foreseeable future anyway.

No comments: