Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This is the Queen's Jubiilee Year and She Looks Marvelous

Happy Jubilee
 Queen Elizabeth 11
2012 is Queen Elizabeth 11 Diamond Jubilee year. She has been on the throne for sixty years.

A few days ago I watched a BBC documentary about her reign. Queen Elizabeth was born the same year as my parents. Prince Charles and I are the same age. Princess Anne and my brother were born the same year. However, that's where the resemblance ends. And I know you are not surprised.

When I was a child I thought I had something in common with the royals, after all we shared common years. What can I say? I was a child. Today I marvel at the royal genes.  Their genes are a whole lot stronger than the genes that run in my family. Could it be that royal blood line?

Princess Anne is alive, vital and busy. My brother is dead. Queen Elizabeth continues to do her duty and has no plans to retire. My mother passed away about eight years ago. My father, who has Huntington's disease, is languishing away.

I don't believe in a god, or goddess for that matter, so I won't say, "God bless the Queen". She's lived so long and is so healthy it seems like "Long Live the Queen" is already a done deal. 

What I will say is, "You look marvelous darling. Have a wonderful Jubilee. Your hats, gloves and handbag will never go out of style."

No comments: