Friday, May 20, 2011

The flu or not the flu

Over the last few days I've been sick. My stomach keeps cramping, I have been dizzy and sleeping alot. Of course, at first I suspected stomach cancer, why not, it's dramatic and I was sick? But than common sense grabbed hold and I decided it might be the flu.

The H1N1 virus had it's first outbreak here in Oaxaca. Then again, flu is not very common in Mexico, the H1N1 occurrence being an exception that sent all of Mexico into a profound state of "mi culpa", where everyone in the country was told to wear a face mask when out in public. That was two years ago. H1N1 turned out not to be a pandemic.

My friend said it might be food poisoning, but I can't think of anything I've eaten lately that could have caused it.

I think I'm recovering very slowly. Cramps come less frequently, the dizziness is gone and I'm not napping.

The good thing about being sick is getting better. I'm more motivated. Hence, this blog.

Maybe, just maybe, I'll blog again tomorrow.


No comments: