Sunday, May 23, 2010

I must be feeling at home


Looks like I'll be staying in Oaxaca for awhile because lately I've been in a gardening mood.

Only container gardening, mind you. I began by replacing some Impatiens, which I think of as shade plants, with Geraniums because the Geraniums are better suited for my hot and sunny patio.

Today I bought a small clay pot for a cactus that was sitting in an unsightly green plastic one, and I ventured past the easy care Geraniums and bought a Hortensia, which I've always known as a Hydrengea. It's looking absolutely stunning right now, don't you think? Let's hope it stays this beautiful.

My very young friend Rafael borrowed his father's car and we went shopping for plants and pots. He seemed to enjoy hanging out with me, the elderly English teacher. It was a great language exchange session, as well as a shopping trip.

No comments: